We let you know How trying to get a wedding certificate
It is possible to make an application for a Queensland wedding certificate—or replacement wedding certification or commemorative marriage certification you are applying for were married (and the marriage registered) in the state package—if you or the person.
Your registered celebrant or subscribed minister of faith must record your wedding with us. We do not immediately deliver a certificate whenever a married relationship is registered. You’ll want to purchase one.
You will find 3 kinds of wedding certificate—standard, commemorative and ceremonial. Merely a marriage that is standard can be utilized for official purposes and evidence of modification of title through wedding. You can even make use of your marriage that is standard certificate deciding on federal government agencies and banking institutions.
The ceremonial wedding certification provided to you by the subscribed celebrant or authorized minister of faith is certainly not formal. You can not utilize it to show your relationship.
Commemorative wedding certification packages come with a marriage certificate that is standard.
The interstate or overseas registering authority to get your certificate if you were married outside Queensland, contact.
Simple tips to use
It will require you not as much as ten full minutes to fill this application form in.
- Answer the concerns.
- Select the method that you want to spend the cost.
- Review your details.
- Browse the e-mail you are sent by us to learn how exactly to finalise the application.
- Get evidence of ID papers certified with a Justice for the Peace or any other authorised individual.
- Submit your evidence of ID by post or perhaps in individual.
- Fill out the wedding application form that is certificate
Post your finished application, or printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), along with your documents that are certified:
Registry of Births, fatalities and MarriagesPO Box 15188 CITY EAST QLD 4002
We shall commence to process the job whenever we get your write-ups.
Processing timeframes for properly completed applications that have actually all the needed evidence of ID and supporting papers (if needed) are:
- 5 company times for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no additional cost)
- 2 company times for urgent certification applications ($29.35)
Please enable time that is extra Australia Post to provide your wedding certification to your target.
Browse any one of the following locations:
- The Brisbane registry customer service centre at amount 32, 180 Ann Street, Brisbane
- Certainly one of our agents at a Queensland Magistrates Court or Queensland Government Agent Program (QGAP) workplace (except the Brisbane Magistrates Court)
- JPs into the grouped Community in the event that you pay online
Bring your completed application kind, or printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your initial proof ID along with other supporting documents (if required).
You immediately, unless registered before 1963 if you submit your correctly filled out application at the Brisbane registry customer service centre and the marriage has already been registered, the certificate will be given to.
In the event that wedding ended up being registered before 1963, the certification will likely be prepared after 2.30pm the next working day. Urgent certificates ($29.35) could be ready in 3 hours ( or the following working day in the event that you use after 1.30pm).
Processing timeframes for properly done applications which can be submitted at a Queensland Magistrates Court or QGAP office with all the current required evidence of ID and supporting documents (if required) are:
- 5 company times for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no fee that is additional
- 2 company days for urgent certification applications ($29.35)
Please enable more time for Australia Post to supply your wedding certification to your target.
JPs within the Community—online orders just
Bring your printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your proof that is original of along with other supporting documents (if required).
Processing times stay equivalent, and begin from the time you’ve got confirmed your ID.
Spend the charge
The cost that is total determined whenever you fill out the applying form on line. You can spend:
- By charge card (Visa or MasterCard)
- In the customer care centre
- By EFTPOS or charge card
- With money
- By having a company account cheque
- Having a bank cheque
- Having a cash purchase
- Through the mail
- By bank card
- By having a company account cheque
- By having a bank cheque
- With a cash purchase.
Make cheques and cash requests red tube\ payable to ‘Registry of Births, fatalities and Marriages’.
We don’t accept individual cheques.
|Item||cost marriage that is commemorative package (1 standard marriage certification and standard postage included)||$64.50|
|Standard wedding certificate (standard postage included)||$49.50|
Standard postage is roofed into the cost when a certificate is ordered by you to be delivered by mail.
You are able to request to own your certification posted by express or registered post for a charge.
|International registered post||$16.10|
- Fill out the wedding certificate form
E mail us
Email bdm-mail@justice. Qld.gov.au, we respond to online enquiries within 2 business times.
Local call* 13 QGOV (13 74 68) Overseas +61 7 3328 4811 (+10 hours UTC)
(Phone lines available Monday–Friday, 8.30am–4.30pm)
*Costs could be greater from cell phones and interstate.
Have the PDF application form
If you’re struggling to finish the form online, you should use the PDF application form thereby applying by post or perhaps in individual.
Do so online
Correct a certification
See how to alter wrong or information that is missing the full time regarding the occasion.